Wednesday 29 July 2015

Everday Mannequin

mannequin
 /'manIkIn,-kwIn/
noun
 a dummy used to display clothes in a shop window.





 I sit there in a closed glass box
 adorned in those pretty dresses
that everyone seems to want.

Thousands of eyes gaze over me. 
Everyday.
Lusting after the jewels and clothes I wear.

I see the need in their eyes . 
For it's difficult to hide desire.
The yearn to be as perfect 
as the doll in the box.

I sit there. My Hair made. 
My clothes neatly pressed.
I am furnished head to toe 
to steal away their gazes

I sit there in that glass cage.
My exterior perfectly designed.

I want them to pick me. 

Pick me. 
I want to shout. 
But not for my dresses,
not the perfectly superficial me

Run away. 
If you're just here for 
the external perfection I am dolled up 
to be.

For the glitter and gold 
is a trick.
An illusion
into getting you pick me.

You'll soon realize all that I'm not 
You'll regret me.

Instead
Pick me. But,
With all my flaws. 
Not for the flawless façade I mask
my imperfections with.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Your views about this post